To apply for this job you need to be a member of the Big Academy. If you're already a member please login
, otherwise you'll need to create an account
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
Vision Apprentices are working in partnership with 2 Sisters Food Group to recruit a Skilled Operator apprentice to work in their busy food production team in Heanor. The apprentice will be working alongside a skilled team in a company with a proven track record and training and developing staff.
Apprentices will work towards an exciting new apprenticeship standard in Food and drink process operative, learning a mixture of industry recognised qualifications and Matthew Walkers unique in-house training program.
Main Responsibilities and Duties
• Execute Production Operations by converting material into work in progress (WIP) or finished product by formally executing production as defined & trained in Standard Operating Procedures engaging in front line problem solving on the process.
• Identify, Rectify and Report Production Issues
• Identify, Rectify and Report production issues that may affect process performance, product quality or team member health & safety to facilitate further investigation and root cause analysis
• Inspect Material for Acceptance
• Conduct visual inspection of materials for damage, defect or foreign material and verification of material batch numbers and shelf-life.
• Verify Material Availability and Line availability
• Verify actual availability of material (ingredients, packaging & consumables) and availability or a process line prior to production, process start-up, changeovers or clean outs.
• Perform Set Ups and Change Overs
• Setup the line / area for production ensuring all the following are available / working: safety controls, hygiene standards, machines, parts, tools & labour and conduct product / process changeovers as specified in changeover SOP’s.
• Record and Collect Operations Data
• Record and collect relevant data to enable effective management of the production line/area. E.g. downtime, waste, yield, non-conformances, rework, machine and equipment changeover times etc.
• Release Product to Next Process
• Subject all WIP / finished product to standard operating checks to ensure it meets the required specification before releasing to the next process / warehouse.
• Perform Autonomous Maintenance
• Pre / during / post daily operations check process equipment as detailed in Autonomous Maintenance SOP's.
• Perform Quality Inspections
• Conduct periodic quality inspections / take product samples before, during and after production as detailed in production specification documents and SOP’s.
• Record Quality Control Inspection Results
• Document results from QC inspections and assess the impact on product/process flow. Determine if corrective action is required and pursue implementation of corrective action in order to ensure continuation of production flow.
Applicants will be required to attend an Assessment Centre with Vision Apprentices as part of the screening process.
PLEASE APPLY VIA WWW.VISIONAPPRENTICES.CO.UK
How to Find Us